2.05.2011

never let me go

these past two days, as I start to get ready for this new phase in my life (I am now in Santiago, Chile) I've been indulging in several movies. One that has stood among the rest is, "Never Let Me Go" based on the best-selling book by Kazuo Ishiguro. It is a story narrated by Kathy, remembering her boarding school days at Halsham, where they were encouraged to create and health was their first priority. It tells the story of three of these students, Ruth, Tommy and Kathy. These students don't have last names and are actually clones, being raised to become only organ donors.
Throughout the movie, there is this sense of finality, like you know where this is going to end, but there is still hope that the worst of your expectations will not come true. In the end, I don't think it's about clonning, but actually about life. The decisions we make, how we react to the experiences around us, and how when we look deeply into our lives,  we ask ourselves, "why aren't we living?"
I loved it, especially starring Keira Knightly, Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield. I watched the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnussus with Andrew Garfield, and have been excited to see him in other movies like the "Social Network."



 "We all complete. Maybe none of us really understand what we've lived through, or feel we've had enough time."

love,
the gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...