1.03.2011

coco avant chanel

2011! how crazy is that? This year is going to be good, I can feel it in my bones.
Yesterday I did nothing productive, but I did watch a movie that I've been dying to watch: Coco before Chanel.
I never imagined her story to be like that, growing up as an orphan, waiting for her single parent to come take her home from the orphanage. She was fantastic, adhering to what she believed was true style and sticking to who she was as an individual.
As always, Audrey Tautou was marvelous and I especially liked when she finally personified what my image of Coco Chanel would be.





It made me appreciate couture more, except, I still think you can be fabulous without wearing labels. I 
must say though, you have to admire how things were done and how they're still being done. I wouldn't mind wearing something like that once in a while. Yet, I know, that as long as I feel good about what I'm wearing, that's what matters. I think, though it may not seem like that now, Chanel wanted that. She was an outsider herself, and prized individuality.
love,
the gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...