11.19.2010

11.19.10

I'm not sure how to start this first post. Recently, I watched, for the millionth time, the movie directed by Kar Wai Wong, "My Blueberry Nights," not only is Jude Law in it (seriously, what movie isn't this man good in? that's rheotorical, by the way) but also one of my favorite singer/songwriters, Norah Jones. When I heard she was in it (a few years ago), I just had to see it. So I saw it online and recently bought the movie for myself

The movie in itself has eye-catching photography, use of contrasting colors and warm shotsand even though there isn't much to the story, it is a journey about self-discovery. A girl, with a broken heart, goes on a road trip to get over her lover and finds out that life is much more complicated than a set of keys to an apartment. Seems cliché, but somehow, it isn't. 



"The last few days, I've been learning not to trust people and I'm glad I've failed. Sometimes we depend on other people as a mirror to define us and tell us who we are and each reflection makes me like myself a little more." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...