11.30.2010

budapest

today I'm particularly nostalgic as the rain is pouring down, and I'm listening to Yann Tiersen.
I met Ashley in Budapest, seems like a lifetime ago, and I lived there for six years. It's hard to believe that I have a life so different than the one I had there. I miss it. I miss my neighborhood, the leaves changing colors in the autumn, hippy teahouses and walking around with no destination in mind.
I don't know what it is about it, but I was captivated and enchanted by its people and its difficult language. A Brazilian writer, Chico Buarque, once said, that Hungarian is the only language that the devil respects. It's true, it's hard but it's completely beautiful.
Some pictures I took, more here.





a little taste of Budapest during Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...