11.26.2010

all we grow

S.Carey is the Bon Iver percussionist. Just recently listening to my last themes on lastfm, I came across his song, "In the Dirt." It's gorgeous. One of those songs in which you travel to far off galaxies, filled with a millions stars that surround you and as you walk, your footprints step on stardust. There's a bit of sadness to it though, as if this longing, of going somewhere to stay away for a while, is too overwhelming.

Inspired by Justin Vernon, who as we all know, secluded himself in a cabin with a broken heart, and came out with the amazing album, "For Emma, Forever Ago," in which we see the process of a man mending a broken heart, and coming out stronger. This album spoke to me in such a way, that when I found that that S. Carey was a part of this, that it made me like him just a bit more.

You can find some free tracks here, along with a beautiful description, I could never do as good as a job as they did in depicting his album.


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

2 comments:

  1. new music... yesss!!! i love this. can i just say "for emma, forever ago" is an amazing album too? beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for a new artist to add to my library :) Loooooove it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...